Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cheyene Mountain Zoo...

Amanda & Chris, my friends that moved to Colorado Springs. We had lunch with them and then we all went to the zoo and out for ice cream after. It was an awesome day.

Giant giraffe statue.

Jesse feeding the giraffe.

My hand feeding a cracker to the giraffe.

Me making silly faces as I feed the giraffes, because there was a little toddler next to me who was getting a really big kick out of the giraffes with their long tongues. *note the little hands on the left.

The giraffes begging me for more crackers.

It started out as an over cast day and even rained for a little bit before it cleared up, but I came prepared and we didn't let the rain stop us from enjoying ourselves.


Watching the elephants. They were extra playful. I think they really enjoyed the light rain.


Petting an adorable little wallaby.


Feeding birds in the aviary.



Jesse made a new friend. This bird decided to take up residence in Jesse's hair and he refused to move no matter what we tried to coax him off with. He was loving it up there. For a minute there I was afraid we might have to take him home with us. I told Jesse this might be a sign you really do need a haircut. Not to worry he will be getting his birds nest trimmed up on Thursday after work. I made us both appointments.

Chris & Amanda took several nice pictures for us. Thanks guys!

Jesse watching the tigers.

The views were amazing once the clouds cleared up and the sun came out. What a great idea to build a beautiful zoo on the side of a mountain. I loved it.
Hands down the best zoo experience ever.


Petting the fish in the kids area.

Resting my feet in the giant chair.


Petting the pet skunk in the educational area. Not to worry she was de-skunked for sure. She was actually really nice and pretty soft to the touch. We figured we should make friends since we have several stinky skunk neighbors near our home.

A possessed looking Jesse watching the penguins.

Jesse and I walking through the beautiful zoo. What a great day!

No comments: