Sunday, April 18, 2010

Record Store Day...

In case you were unaware April 17th was nation wide Record Store Day. If you don't believe me follow the link to find out more info. Denverites celebrated @ Wax Trax, the local independent record store. Think 1995's Empire Records only a little rougher around the edges. Wax Trax had a line up of 4 bands playing a free show in their back room for the loyal customers who braved the cold rainy weather. I'm sure you have already guessed it by now, but Ideal Fathers was one of those lucky bands. This was the 2nd all ages show they've played this month and the 3rd over all. I see this as a good thing since according to the polling on their You Tube videos they are most popular with 13-17yr old boys. The guys teamed up with their friends the band, Accordian Crimes to release a 4 song EP collaboration to pass out for free to their adoring fans, in hopes to gain some cross over fans.

Making the cover for their 4 song EP.
Crazy Flier by Adam
Misc. Pictures from the show.


Record Store Day from Erin Wilson on Vimeo.
This one is my favorite. 
I took several short videos in hopes of posting them, but I decided to post this one 1st since it's my favorite. I may post more later, but it takes a while to upload them, so bare with me.


No comments: