The dress I'm wearing in the previous post is a dress I scored at the Arc Thrift Store up the road a couple weeks ago. It cost me $12 and it was white when I bought it. Since I'm incredibly pale skinned I knew I needed to dye the dress, besides I love dying clothes and it's been a while since I've done so. Today was unbearably hot today, a record high of 101 I believe. The only good thing about this is that when I hung the dress out on the patio to dry after dying it, it dried in less than 20 minutes. No Joke! I dyed the dress at 2:30 and was wearing it out to dinner the same night. I used regular old Rit Dye which was harder to find than I thought it would be. I've been looking into how to do homemade natural dyes, but decided I was a little too impatient to try something new today. I think I'm going to try it out sometime soon, though. I'll probably start small with some bandannas or something. I'll keep you all posted on the results. Anyhow the point is dying fabric can be really fun. I love buying white clothes and then dying them to suit me. It's a great way to make an item of clothing unique.
The finished product.
I wish I would have taken a picture of it when it was white.
2 comments:
You are so talented! I swear you are always doing something interesting and creative. You are an inspiration. Love the dress!
Thanks Viv!
Post a Comment