Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dinner Dates....

Christopher making the right choice to have milk with his lunch instead of soda.


Mary and Christopher ordering from their lovely waitress, me. : )


Mary & Christopher sharing a sandwich and healthy salad for lunch.


Christopher taking his leftovers home.



Mary and Christopher getting their bill once again from their lovely waitress, me. : )



Not our's... it's the name of a program here @ the museum. We have a program called PlayWorks that's all about making everyday activities fun and educational. We've done it on everything from laundry time, cooking dinner, going to the doctor, going to the library, and so on. This month it's all about going out to eat and helping your kids make healthy dinner choices, hence the name Dinner Dates. Along with the program we make small books that tell a story about a child or several children acting out what the program is about. Our neighbor Mary happens to work @ a fancy restaurant in Cherry Creek (the one I took Jesse to for his birthday)and she happens to have an adorable son, Christopher, who adores me. Perfect for us! Mary agreed and got her restaurant to agree to be the back drop for our book. I got to play the waitress in the story (a stretch for me since I've never worked in food service). All day everyone kept asking me why I was so dressed up and if I had a job interview or something? Ha! I didn't know what to wear as a waitress. I think the pictures turned out good, so I'm including some from the book. Christopher is a real cutie. He loves to come over to our apartment and slide down our chair, jump on our couch, and cuddle with his blankie while watching football with Jesse. It's really adorable. Enjoy!

No comments: