
In my family Father's Day is a big deal. We have a yearly tradition where all the dads get up early to go fishing (my dad's favorite past time) and then the kids & the ladies meet up with them around 11am for a big beautiful brunch. The tradition started years ago with our immediate family & the Powells (my parent's best friends), but since it's inception the tradition has caught on and added lots of new members. Since I moved to Denver this has been one of the many traditions that it kills me to miss. I haven't been fishing in years, but going fishing with my dad & brother are some of my best memories as a kid. Happy Father's Day Daddy Father John! I miss you & mom & and I really wish I could have been there with you to celebrate today.
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, especially Jared. We're glad to hear you are home safe & hope you get to enjoy your 1st father's day.
1 comment:
Don't want to rub it in, Erin, but it WAS a great Father's Day. The dad crew and Dave didn't catch too many fish — my dad was the 'big' winner with his 5-pound catfish caught just before lunch - but it's more about being there than what you pull out of the water. Check out our blog and the Wilder's for more photos. (See you in August!)
Post a Comment