
We had an extended silent auction at work where we were able to bid on some pretty cool items for a much discounted rate all to help the museum. They were all leftover from the Museum's Big Birthday Bash @ the end of May. I won 2 things. I guess I should use the term won loosely as I actually paid $57 for them, but hey it was a steal. I won a several hundred dollar facial from a nice skin care spa, which I'm going to let Jesse have and a pair of retro looking shoes that retail for $525. Jesse thinks I should sell the shoes. Part of me wants to wear them and part of me is terrified to wear them, because I know how much they're worth & knowing me I'll scuff them up. I see where he's coming from. I could sell them on line and make a sweet profit, but I kind of want to keep them and pretend I have money. When will I ever have a pair of shoes this nice? NEVER! that's when. I think the most expensive pair of shoes I ever bought myself cost $50 and those were essential snow boots. Let me have my Sex in The City girly moment and enjoy my expensive shoes. Maybe they'll live in my closet for a while and I'll pull them out to look at them, but never wear them until one day when I'm desperate for money and I sell them on eBay. Who knows?

3 comments:
i think you should keep the shoes. you won them, and i doubt if you participated in the auction with the intent to make a profit anyways. keep them, enjoy them, show them off!
love the shoes!!! what other items were at the auction? it looks like there was some pretty cool stuff.
Several pairs of shoes in different colors and sizes (same basic style), spa packages, portrait packages, interior design consultaions, muralist for your kids room, laser hair removal, concert tickets, etc... There was some really cool stuff.
Post a Comment