It was only a little over a month late, but we finally finished our baby gift for Jesse's newest nephew Landon Lee Buckingham (born Oct. 1st). Originally I had planned a project to make for him that was very intense and very time consuming... yeah, needless to say I changed that plan quickly. I ended up making him a picture frame (that hopefully matches the color scheme of his new bedroom). As I said in the previous post Jesse is really getting back into the design business especially when it comes to prints on clothing, so we decided to try out hand at making some quality onesies for the new little guy. We bought a pack of plain white ones and some dye. I colored some yellow, some green, and we left some white. Jesse worked on drawings and worked and worked on them. We ended up changing our mind on designs numerous times and then his procrastinating nature got in the way again and thus our gift was delivered a little late. Good thing we thought ahead and bought onesies that were meant for 6-9month old babies. Whew! Dodged a bullet there. Hopefully he and his parents love all our hard work. This might be our new thing... making onesies for new babies. I guess you can say Landon was our guinea pig and I think, so far at least, our little experiment turned out pretty awesome.
Check it out for yourselves...
The picture frame that inspired the final onesie designs.
The 4 designs we came up with. Jesse's pretty talented.
The monkey turned out to be our favorite. Jesse doesn't like the tiger, but believe me after the adjustments I suggested he's a lot better looking. I think he's cute.
The Polar Bear is right up there as our 2nd favorite. The giraffe obviously took the most work and I especially love how is ground turned out. Kudos Jesse!
The finally finished baby gift. Sorry it took so long Linsey! Hopefully you guys love it and will get lots of use out it.
As I said Jesse is the artist and I'm the muse. I help him come up with ideas and then give him ideas on how to improve his original sketches. We really do work well together. I've even been known to pick up a pencil and help him improve his drawings, but I'm honestly not as talented as he is. He constantly impresses me. Now that we have 4 letters of the Alphabet down maybe we should go for the whole thing. Hmm...
P.S. You better bet when we have a kid we'll be making all kinds of clothes for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment