Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle...

We take that saying to heart around here. We wash out ziploc bags and reuse them. We recycle almost everything and we attempt to cut down our waist as much as possible like using cloth napkins instead of paper ones. If we could compost here we would do that too. In our efforts to keep waste to a minmum we've decided that this year instead of buying boxes, wrapping paper, and gift bags that will most likely be tossed after the holidays we're going to put our gifts in reusable shopping bags. I found a good deal on some today and they even come with a smaller bag that could be used as a lunch bag. This way the bag is part of the gift and can either be used for shopping or re-gifted. I know they aren't very Christmas-y styles, but I still love them especially the two on the end and I have someone in mind for each of them.





They're obviously all for women. I haven't figured out what we're going to do for the guys just yet.
We'll probably end up doing what we did last year, creating our own wrapping paper from simple brown paper and paints or markers. Brown paper is recyclable unlike most wrapping paper.

We're also attempting to make most if not all of our Christmas gifts this year too. Wish us luck!

No comments: