Friday, March 20, 2009

Cody's Visit...

Having lunch @ Two fisted Mario's Pizza place. They give you children's toys instead of numbers. We got a learning drum, normally you can play with your toy until your food comes but our battery was dead. :(
Cody making his very own good luck charm during the clover art program.
Cody helping the kids make good luck charms out of clovers. He was a really big help. Thanks for coming to work with me Cody!
Cody folding socks with my co-workers. This is a several times a day event at my work place, thus I hate folding socks when I get home. Everyone was glad to have a helper.
Unexpectedly we had an enormous group of kids come to our clover art program. It was a little chaotic and I was so glad to have Cody there to help. As you can see from the picture he took I was vastly out numbered. I believe the total of kids that came to the Clover program was somewhere in the 40's. Yikes!


Day 1 was spent catching up on sleep, eating at the tasty new Native American Restaurant, visiting the Cherry Creek Mall, looking for Cody's nerd game supplies, and then of course the boys played video games together. I use the word together lightly since they played on separate game systems, separate tvs, and in separate rooms, but over the Internet together... Yes I am serious! They were even talking through the headsets with the doors closed. I thought it was just as ridiculous as I'm sure you are right now, especially since I could hear both of them talking through the walls.

Day 2 was St Patricks day. Cody borrowed a green shirt from Jesse since he forgot to bring one... silly kid. Cody came to the Museum with me where he really earned his keep (searching for lost kids, painting clovers on kids faces, folding socks, and teaching about St Patrick's day). After the museum we headed downtown to check out 16th street, eat lunch, and then visit the Contemporary Art Museum. After the museum we headed to another nerd store on Cody's quest to find Hero Clix (?) and then we picked up Jesse from work. I made some amazing spaghetti for dinner and we watched some MST3K (for all of you non-nerds out there that's Mystery Science Theater 3,000).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow...that's a serious lot of nerdery going on in this post. I think I just fulfilled my daily quotient of nerdness!

Christina said...

f.y.i. i will NOT be folding socks when i come to visit you. just thought i'd give you a heads up. i'm sure steve would love to play nerdy games with jesse too.