The show was a pretty big success. Lots of new fans came to support the Fathers and unfortunately some of the old ones couldn't make it, but all and all it was the biggest crowd @ an Ideal Father's show that I've ever seen. Jesse had his sappy moment between songs where he thanked everyone for coming. He did his best to make the rounds before and after the show talking to each person. The other bands all put on good performances and Accordion Crimes gave out free EP's at the table with the Ideal Father's merchandise. I mainly stuck to running the table. A few of my co-workers old and new stopped by which was a nice surprise. The 2 original members of Ideal Father's that had to quit for various reasons both showed up and they really seemed to enjoy themselves. It was a long day & night for us all. The drummer Mike P said he was having an after party at his house to celebrate, but by the time we got out of the bar it was after 2am and we were all exhausted. We stopped at a drive through to feed the hungry Iowa boys and headed home to get some rest. Jesse was too excited to wait, so we counted up the cash and figured out they made $300. Not 1/2 bad considering a regular gig usually only pays around $30. I think everyone really enjoyed themselves at the show. I know Jesse sure did... it's was pretty evident in the grin on his face while he was singing. I took a couple short videos with my camera, sorry no sound, and I hope to be posting them soon. Thanks to all of you for your support... buying EP's , sending your congratulations, voting for them on Westword, and becoming their friends on Facebook or Myspace. It really means alot to all the guys, especially Jesse.
*Special Thanks to Dave & Chad for putting up with the chaos on their vacation. They were a huge help with set up for the show. We couldn't have done it with out them.
*Special Thanks to Dave & Chad for putting up with the chaos on their vacation. They were a huge help with set up for the show. We couldn't have done it with out them.
No comments:
Post a Comment