Saturday, May 30, 2009
The long ride...
Yesterday was the museums 36th annual Birthday Bash Celebration, our biggest fundraiser of the year. Some of you might remember that it was at this celebration 2yrs ago that a certain wild thing spotted me and began his pursuit. That was my 1st bash celebration (the theme that year was Where the Wild Things Are) and I had an amazing time. Last year (the theme was Dr. Seuss, Cat in the Hat) Jesse and I went back to volunteer, but circumstances were different and we got stuck with a lame job... thus it was a less than pleasant experience. We ended up leaving early and decided since we were all dressed up we should hit up a nice restaurant for dinner, so we could feel as fancy as we looked. Unfortunately things only got worse from there. The restaurant we chose was adorable, but the food was seriously lacking and way to expensive. We were now completely disappointed, so we decided to stop by the grocery store for some ice cream and head home to veg out in front of our TV. I was hoping to talk him into volunteering again this year and making a better memory of the bash for him, but he had to work late. This year I had a pretty fun job. Miss Ashley W (there are 3 Ashleys @ my work) and I walked around selling wine corks. It was a game of chance. Everyone was a winner, but you had a chance to win more than your money's worth. All the corks sold for $20 and the bottles of wine you turned them in for were worth up to $70. I purchased 1 to give as a gift for a friend. I picked cork #83 (a good year) and ended up with a red wine bottle worth $22, not bad. After our shift was over Ashley gave me a ride home. At home I found Jesse moping around the living room complaining about how terrible the Nuggets were playing. Since the game was pretty much over we decided to get ourselves packed up a ready for the bike ride to... The Music Bar (Jesse's favorite neighborhood Karaoke bar). One our friends was having a graduation celebration there. Silly me for suggesting we ride our bikes. It's all up hill and exactly 3 miles away from our house. I haven't rode my bike in a year, plus my bike is really heavy and honestly too big for me. I thought I was going to pass out. It was a tough ride. By 29th street & Tennyson (roughly 1.7 miles) I had to stop, luckily there was a red light. We ended up getting water @ the convenient store on the corner and resting for a few minutes. Eventually we made it there all hot and sweaty. It was a pretty fun time and the ride home was totally cake. I coasted down hill at amazing speeds. The wind in my face felt fabulous. It was a long day, but a pretty good one at that.
P.S. a friend of ours posted some Ideal Fathers music their blog. Click on the link to hear it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
How fun! I wish I could have seen the Bash. And good job on the bike ride!!!!
Sounds like fun! I need to get a bike, and start riding... great workout.
I wish you could have been there too Vivian. There were so many pregnant ladies there that I'd be suprised if Shana was the only one who went into labor after the bash.
That was quite the bike ride. I'm hoping to get a bike that fits me better and keep up with the riding. I need to get my butt in shape.
Post a Comment