This one seemed more like a playground then a playhouse. It has ladders inside and a roof Deck, a climbing wall outside, and a trapeze bar... what more could a kid want. This one is my favorite.
I believe they called this on the Chia house. There's grass growing on the roof and it looks like a green house or a shed for your garden more than a playhouse if you ask me, but still very cool.
The Fire house was by fare the best of the tradition playhouse styles. Complete with a Dalmatian painted on the inside of the back door. It was adorable and definitely one of the kids favorites to play on.
The space station has a cool rotating door and is also kind of scary. The solar panels on the top add to the space age look. Calling all astronauts.
Local Produce market. Kids are supposed to grow a hanging tomato garden off the side and then play farmers market with their family. Adorable.Explore one of a kind playhouses on the museum's plaza!
Each one was thoughtfully created with reusable and sustainable materials by local designers and architects.
The playhouse exhibition is part of the Rocky Mountain Communities' annual fundraiser with the 2009 theme: Work & Play. Their mission is to develop, own and manage, affordable housing and provide support services to help individuals succeed in life.
The playhouses will be displayed on the plaza for kids to play on until the gala fundraiser on July 25th where they will be auctioned off to profit the affordable housing project for Colorado's low income families. It's a pretty cool project and I'm so glad I work for a place that is willing to support it. If I had kids, enough money, and a house I would definitely get one of these for my backyard.
2 comments:
That is so cool! I didn't realize they would be auctioned off.
Logan would love the firehouse one! (& i wouldn't mind playing in it either...)
Post a Comment