Jesse channeling Cliff Powell and pretending to chew my ear off.
Jesse, Matt, and the other guy that sat at our table all enjoying a drink and some good conversation.

Adam snapping a picture of me snapping a picture of him and Amber enjoying the salad.
Apparently Thursday Wedding are all the rage or maybe it's just a Denver thing. I've known several couples who in recent months have gotten married on the Thursday evening. I guess it makes sense if it's a local wedding. I'm sure you save a bunch on booking venues for Thursday evenings instead of the prime spots Friday evenings, Saturdays, and Sundays. Last night we attended one such wedding. The wedding of Jesse's former band mate Paddy & his now wife Fonda. It was a lovely wedding held @ Hudson Garden & Event Center in Littleton, Co. They were married in Monet's garden. A lovely little garden in the center of lilly ponds. The only down fall to this was the sun set blazing in Paddy's eyes (I would have worn sun glasses if I were him) and the bugs... Oh the bugs! I kept looking down to find mosquitoes biting me. YUCK! The one think I love about Denver is our lack of bugs (it's normally too dry for them). Anyhow we survived the short ceremony and walked our way through the gardens to the big tent that held the reception. An open bar meant Jesse and the guys were really enjoying themselves and those of you who know Jesse know he gets very talkative when drunk and sappy. Amber and I were watching them cut the cake and have their first dance when the next thing I know Jesse is professing his love for me and telling me he wants to marry me someday if my family & I will have him at least that's what I could make out through the tears. I turned around and gave him a hug and said Boy are you sure drunk. I'm sure we will get around to getting married someday, but neither of us are in a hurry. We're enjoying things just the way they are for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment