Here's what the masks all started out as. I think we did a pretty good job transforming them into Day of the Dead Skulls.
It takes roughly 10 flowers to cover the sombrero. We have 2 sombreros to cover & a million other flowers to make as decorations for the party.
The Blue mask is finally finished. When I purchased the masks there were only 3 and we of course needed 4. Jesse and I drove all the way to Arvada in hopes of hunting down the final mask, but returned empty handed. Imagine that all the Hobby Lobbies being sold out of make your own masks just before Halloween. Anyhow we completely lucked out when a co-worker of mine told me they lived near a Hobby Lobby and they wouldn't mind checking. Bingo! Luke saved the day. As soon as the paint and glue are dry we'll be shellacking it, so it's nice and shiny and all ready for the party next weekend. I can't wait to take pictures of all the guys in their get up, but unfortunately the party starts @ 5pm and I will be at work until 9pm. Hopefully the guys will all still be in costume and the costumes will still be intact by the time I get there with the camera. *Either way there will be lots and lots of Halloween pictures to come.


No comments:
Post a Comment