Sunday, October 18, 2009

Misc. Pictures...

My glass piece from the glass class my cousin Amanda & I did together while she was visiting us. It's not the best, but it's looks really beautiful when the sun shines through. I'm going to get a suction cup and hang it in our kitchen window.

This is Flat Stanley, for those of you who don't know... Flat Stanley is a character from a children's book. He's a little boy who gets flattened, folded up and mailed to visit family members in far off places. This book has become widely popular over the years, so elementary teachers everywhere use it as an assignment. The kids make their own Flat Stanleys and mail them all over the country or world. The museum gets it's fair share of Stanelys, so we try to go all out. In the directions it asks you to write a note about where Stanley visited and attach at least 1 photo. Well at the museum we make a book just about Stanley and his adventures with us. This photo is of the most recent Stanley we've received. He's taking a picture of me taking a picture of him. My personal favorite was the Flat Anna I received from Chelsea Bright (my dad's friend's daughter). I have tons of pictures of Flat Anna and me hanging out at the museum. We played on the playground together, played basketball, hid in the tunnels, cooked, went to the toddler program, and chalked on the sidewalk together. It was a blast.


Me posing in front of the Earth Balloon @ STEMapalooza on Friday. STEM is a new initiative in the Colorado area trying to promote Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math... thus STEM. The museum participated last year and we brought some prototype machines from our new bubbles exhibits which should be opening in Spring of 2010. This year we brought our 26foot tall Earth Balloon. This balloon is used in our outreach programs. We take it to schools to teach kids about geography and different cultures. It's pretty impressive and proved to be the hottest photo op @ STEMapalooza this year.

Our car's first dusting of snow. Of course it had to be on my day to drive. Saturday morning bright and early it's snowing and 17 degrees out. Yikes! What a vast difference a week makes, because yesterday it was 40 some degrees in the morning and beautiful all day. Today it's supposed to be nearly 80 degrees.

Our spice rack is complete. Well for now anyway. While in Houston we made a quick side trip to the IKEA to find more spice containers for our fridge. This has helped clear out an amazing amount of cupboard space in my tiny kitchen. YEAH! Plus they are nice decorative cover for the fridge and so much easier to access.

Jesse and the rest of the Fathers playing at Leela's last month. The show was pretty rough since the sound system was severely lacking and several of the guys including Jesse were feeling slightly under the weather. They've had a couple shows since this one that were vast improvements. They keep plugging away at practices 2 times a week. They're working on doing some simple recordings by themselves and hope to have them done before November. Their next big show is @ Mike P's (the drummer) Halloween Party. I'm hoping I will be able to stay awake to see them play. After 3 days 14hours long being in different costumes for work I may need to call it a night before the real party begins. I've already finished my 3 costumes and I can not wait to take pictures for everyone to see. Today we came up with a last minute idea for Jesse and I'm hoping we go out and get supplies to make it. This is going to be a really fun Halloween.

2 comments:

Christina said...

my friend cathy's daughter did a flat stanley project, it was very cute!!

Erin and Jesse said...

They are awesome. I'm telling you a lot of Flat Stanley's have been mailed to the museum in the last 3yrs.