Friday, May 7, 2010

Another new toy...

Last weekend Jesse and I went for a walk to the local bike shop. I was told he needed to get a new light for his bike, but we ended up coming home with him hell bent on buying a new bike. He almost bought one at the shop, but they didn't have the one he wanted in stock. I naively thought that was the end of it, but later that night he told me he had bought a bike online. He sold his old bike to one of his band mates and went all out on his new one. It wasn't cheap, believe me, but he's never had a new bike and he really loves riding bikes, so I guess it was worth it. The bike arrived in the mail yesterday with some assembly required. Of course Jesse could not wait, so last night I dropped him and the big box off at Mike P's, the IF Drummer, house. Mike is an avid bike rider and he used to work at bike shop, so he has all the equipment Jesse would need. Here is a picture of Jesse's fancy new ride. I am sure there will be more pictures to come as he plans on getting his money's worth and riding it as much as possible this summer. He's even looking into what bike trails he could take if he wanted to attempt to ride it to work. That would be a ride that's just over 10miles one way. Yikes!



P.S. He's such a giving guy that he bought me a new basket for my bike. I've been wanting a clip on/off basket, so I can ride my bike to the grocery store & just use my basket forgoing bags & their not always clean baskets. I was thrilled. As a team we attached the basket to my bike which was actually kind of fun. I honestly think we couldn't have done it alone. Team work was essential.

No comments: