Thursday, May 27, 2010

Orlin's 80th...

May 19th among other things was Jesse's Grandpa Smith's 80th Birthday.
This is why we packed up and headed to Utah for a 5 day trip. Most of the family was able to come down and help Grandpa celebrate the big day. Grandma and Aunt Kathy planned a party for that Saturday. There were around 200 expected to come over a 2hr time slot. Jesse & I helped make mint & nut cups, set up the party, decorate, make food, and clean up. It was a lot of work for everyone, but the party was definitely a great success. After the party was over just the family (around 40 people) stayed to have dinner & do family photos. Oh and in case you missed it there was an engagement too. Jesse and I got engaged at his grandfather's birthday party on what would have been my grandmother's birthday. Sort of fitting I think. Coincidentally my parent's wedding anniversary is also May 19th which like I said is Orlin's actual birthday. Jesse told me he thought I might want to get married next May sometime since it's such a special time for my family. If I've never mentioned it before May is a crazy time with lots of birthdays, anniversarys, graduations, etc... My response to that... Is it Ok if I don't want to have it in May, because there is too much going on? We've decided we're going to do it in September of next year instead. No more details yet, but we'll make sure to keep you all posted. Thank you so much to all of Jesse's family for throwing such a great party and for keeping such a big secret from me.

 The Birthday Announcement.
 This announcement ran in the paper the week of his birthday just before the party. It says it was a surprise party, but it really wasn't because well he had a house full of people and the paper spoiled the beans. Jesse and I both found this history of grandpa to be quite interesting. He's lead quite a life.

We took tons of pictures from the party and even borrowed some from Jesse's sister-in-law and cousin which I will post later.

No comments: