Now that we have our sewing machine dusted off, oiled up, and in proper working order we decided to try our hand at making something else. In September of 2009 when we went to Texas to visit Jesse's sister and her family. While we were there Jesse got the idea to make his niece London her very own owl doll. Well obviously we never got around to actually doing it until now. But... This week Jesse drew up the owl, researched pattern making a little bit, and then turned his drawing into a big pattern. I went shopping in the scrap bins at several different stores and scored some great deals on fleece and corduroy. Then I cut out the fabric and sewed up our little birdie. The owl was quite a bit more complicated than her monster predecessor that's for sure. I definitely got frustrated and had to rip out stitches and re-sew parts several times, but I am proud to say that we finished her and she is awesome. We'll probably end up keeping her since she is our first, but we do intend on making more. We will surely have our pattern perfected and another finished before Ms. London's 3rd birthday this May. I know. I know... It's about time. Enjoy!
P.s. Her chubby little owl belly is my favorite.
Original sketch.
Wings out!
Side View of her awesome belly.
Back view
Wings tucked in.
Better view of her tail.
Buddies
1 comment:
Good job I really love them both, I love that you made them together even more.
Post a Comment