The Denver Museum of Nature and Science has a really cool new exhibit all about pirates. More specifically the Whydah pirate ship that crashed off the coast of Massachusetts in the 1700's. Jesse and I have a dual membership and it's about to expire, so we figured we should get some more use out of it before that happens. I heard about the members only preview of this exhibit and figured it would be a perfect place to take Kayden. Jesse got off work early and met us there. There was a short film teaching us the history of the ship, paintings, buried treasure, replicas, and all kinds of info about pirates. Inside the exhibit they made you feel like you were really on a pirate ship, the sounds, the sites, and even the smells of an old damp wooden ship completely surrounded you. I think the boys favorite part was the one free treasure box to each group. Inside the box there was an eye patch, a hat, some coins, and tattoos... everything a pirate could want. I think we all had a good time.
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment