A couple weeks ago Jesse was talking about how he wanted to buy some artist's mannequins (like the one in the link only more detailed) and some transparent people. I said if he really wanted them he should get them. They would be great for references for her art. I also thought they would both be really cool to set on a floating shelf in our living room as decorations. Yeah that was until the transparent people came in the mail. They are 19" tall. Do you realize how big that is? I was expecting something maybe 12", but these guys are HUGE. Oh and did I mention that they come with assembly required. We have 2 giant transparent people that need to be assembled. That means cutting, painting, gluing, and who knows what else. This isn't exactly what either of us had planned on, but it's kind been fun and we're really learning a lot about the human anatomy.
Ok so that part weird-ed me out a little, but honestly that's pretty realistic. I have no idea why Jesse would need to draw a baby in utero, but if he did he know has the reference points to do so. *The baby comes mixed in with the organs. He required painting and some assembly as well. I was probably the most weird-ed out when I realized the baby was missing a leg, but then I found it (apparently you glue that on later).
It comes with 2 booklets. 1 is purely instructional and the other is some background into anatomy.
He would probably shoot me if he knew I posted this picture, so Shhhh... please don't tell him. Jesse started off making the basics of the skeleton which by the way has cool joint pieces that make it completely movable.
Organs in the painting process.
A tray for female organs and a tray for male organs... I realize they are basically the same, but look closely and you should be able to tell the differences between the trays.
As I said before these are a work in progress. I am sure we will still be painting organs all week, so stay tuned for more pictures. I'll keep you posted on where we decide to keep them once they are finished. The shelf idea might be a little too weird for company.
P.S. We ditched the creepy eyes (as seen in the 1st photo on the box). We decided they were too bizarre and completely un-necessary. Also, is it just me or does the woman's picture on the box make her look like she has an alien head?
As I said before these are a work in progress. I am sure we will still be painting organs all week, so stay tuned for more pictures. I'll keep you posted on where we decide to keep them once they are finished. The shelf idea might be a little too weird for company.
P.S. We ditched the creepy eyes (as seen in the 1st photo on the box). We decided they were too bizarre and completely un-necessary. Also, is it just me or does the woman's picture on the box make her look like she has an alien head?

No comments:
Post a Comment